- Drew a square with the actual colour;
- Create a copy of the square and change the colour to white, make enough space between them for another 9
- Select both squares and open the ‘Object’ menu, go to ‘Blend’ and then select ‘Blend Option’;
- In the ‘Spacing’ section chose ‘Specified Steps’ and inset ‘9’ as number of steps and click ‘OK’;
- While squares are still selected go to ‘Object’ menu again and select ‘Make’ from ‘Blend’; and
- Expand the artwork and ungroup the objects to access each tint individually.
Note: the featured image is from Evelin Kasikov.